Here are a few general suggestions that will make packing easier:
- Plan how you will pack. Pack items first that you don’t use often.
- Start packing as soon as you find out you’re moving (A little each day will save you from stresses of moving day).
- Never pack flammable items or non-allowable items.
- Use generous amounts of paper inside the carton on the bottom and top. This will act as a cushion and protect your items
- List contents and room on the outside of the carton (Front of the box works the best).
- Clearly mark “Fragile” on the outside of cartons.
- Use clean newsprint paper. Old newspapers may work, but use them carefully because the ink may rub off onto your items. Clean “newsprint” paper is available upon request.
- Write “Open First” on cartons containing essential items such as cooking utensils, toiletries, etc.
- Separate breakables and non-breakables.
- Pack all cartons tightly.
- Use professional packing tape. Masking tape isn’t strong enough to support fully packed cartons.